UK Lead Organisation:
County Lead Organisation:
- Maintain the extent and quality of inland saltmarsh in Staffordshire.
- Ensure any examples of inland saltmarsh that meet the required criteria are given SBI status. (SBI Grading Committee)
- Ensure appropriate inland saltmarsh sites meeting the SSSI criteria are designated. (NE)
- Pasturefields Saltmarsh (SWT) is designated an SSSI and is a candidate Special Area of Conservation.
- Astonfields (SBC) is designated a Grade 1 Site of County Biological Importance.
Management, Monitoring, Research and Survey
- Continue appropriate management on all known sites. (SWT, MEB, SBC)