|UK Lead Organisation:
County Lead Organisation:
- Maintain the existing important areas of lowland wood-pasture and parkland.
- Restore degraded areas of lowland wood-pasture and parkland by promoting appropriate management.
- Increase the amount of lowland wood-pasture and parkland in appropriate areas by expansion.
- Ensure any examples of parkland that meet the required criteria are given SBI status. (SBI Grading Committee)
- Ensure appropriate parkland sites meeting the SSSI criteria are designated. (NE)
- Lowland wood-pasture and parkland has been listed as a costed Key Habitat in the UK Steering Group report.
- A number of wood-pasture and parkland sites have been notified as SSSIs.
A number of wood-pasture and parkland sites have been classified as Grade 1 SBIs.
Species such as bats and some birds, which may utilise old trees, receive protection under the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981and the EC Habitats and Species Directive.
Felling licences are required for removal of over five cubic metres in any calendar quarter but do not protect against safety felling.
Management, Monitoring, Research and Survey