UK Lead Organisation:
County Lead Organisation:
- To maintain and enhance the existing populations within Staffordshire.
- To create new suitable areas at sites known to contain the species to facilitate colony expansion.
- Promote the National Lowland Heathland Programme. (SWMHP)
- Ensure any examples of sites containing populations of this species and that meet the required criteria are given SBI status. (SBI Grading Committee)
- Ensure appropriate sites containing populations of this species meeting the SSSI criteria are designated. (NE)
- Bog bush-cricket has been recorded from the Cannock Chase SSSI which receives statutory protection; the other on which it is known to exist has been classed as an SBI.
Management, Monitoring, Research and Survey
- Actively manage suitable areas of habitat for bog bush-cricket on both Cannock Chase and Highgate Common. (SCC)
Determine other suitable areas adjacent to known colonies that can be enhanced directly for this species through habitat restoration. (SCC)
Ensure that all known sites are on the Invertebrate Sites Register. (EN)
Monitor all known bog bush-cricket populations on a regular (at least bi-annual) basis. (SCC)
Consider the re-introduction of bog bush-crickets into Highgate from the Cannock Chase populations. (SCC)
- Increase species awareness for the public and landowners through education, promotion and events. (SBAP Partnership)