UK Lead Organisation:
County Lead Organisation:
- Protect all known existing colonies of small pearl-bordered fritillaries.
- Increase the number of populations of small pearl-bordered fritillaries within the county.
- The small pearl-bordered fritillary is listed as a protected species under schedule 5 of the Wildlife & Countryside Act (1981).
Management, Monitoring, Research and Survey
- Encourage favourable management in areas of Cannock Chase next to established colonies to maintain a network of suitable habitat for re-colonisation. (SCC, NE)
Seek to manage all current small pearl-bordered fritillary colonies to maintain and enhance the habitat at an optimum level for this species. (SCC, Landowners, NE)
Monitor all current populations of small pearl-bordered fritillary within the county. (BC)
- Carry out updated surveys throughout the county to establish all current known colonies and suitable areas for re-introductions. (BC, SWT)
- Seek to carry out research on the habitat requirements of this species in Staffordshire. (BC, SWT)
- Increase species awareness for the public and landowners through education, promotion and events. (SBAP Partnership)