¤ Home > Action Plans > Species >
Action Plan: Species
|Plants and Fungi|
|Floating Water-plantain (Luronium natans)
UK Lead Organisation:
- To maintain the present range.
- To increase the overall number of sites at which the species is present and the number of plants at each site.
- Lobby against and object to canal restoration schemes that could compromise populations of this species. (SWT and other conservation bodies)
- Ensure appropriate sites containing populations of this species meeting the SSSI criteria are designated. (NE)
- Seek to implement appropriate management on all sites known to support populations of this species. (NE, BWB)
- Where appropriate, seek water quality improvements in those water bodies supporting this species. (BWB, EA)
- Where this species may have previously existed, but where it is no longer apparently present, experiment with dredging small areas of water bodies to give any remaining seed a chance to germinate. (Landowners, BWB)