¤ Home > Action Plans > Species >
Action Plan: Species
|Plants and Fungi|
|Grass Wrack Pondweed (Potamogeton compressus)|
UK Lead Organisation:
- To maintain and enhance the present range of this species in Staffordshire.
- Protect the site at Shugborough from potentially damaging activities. (SCC, NT)
- Ensure appropriate sites containing populations of this species meeting the SSSI criteria are designated. (NE)
- Grass wrack pondweed has been listed as a costed, key species in the UK Steering Group Report.
Management, Monitoring, Research and Survey
- Seek to implement appropriate management on all sites known to support populations of this species. (Landowner)
- Where appropriate, seek water quality improvements in those water bodies supporting this species. (EA)