UK Lead Organisation:
- Maintain the current population by site safe-guarding and limiting damaging activities such as agricultural improvement.
- Where the species occurs, establish beneficial management practices to increase the population.
- Ensure any examples of sites containing populations of this species and that meet the required criteria are given SBI status. (SBI Grading Committee)
- Ensure appropriate sites containing populations of this species meeting the SSSI criteria are designated. (NE)
- Pink Meadow Cap has been listed as a costed, key species in the UK Steering Group Report.
Management, Monitoring, Research and Survey
- Seek to target Environmental Stewardship on grasslands known to contain strong colonies of this species. (DEFRA, FWAG)
- Seek establishment of suitable grazing/mowing regimes on all existing sites where the fungus is known to occur. (Landowner, SFG)
Seek to control scrub invasion on all existing sites where the fungus is known to occur. (Landowner, SFG)
Seek to ensure that appropriate survey work is carried out for any development proposal that may affect this species. (LAs, SFG)
Continue participation in national ‘Waxcap Grassland Survey’ to identify new sites. (SFG)
Encourage regular visits to known sites to determine the current status of the species. (SFG)
Review current collection, handling and dissemination of fungus distribution data with the aim to improve the current database. (SFG, SER)
- Increase species awareness for the public and landowners through education, promotion and events. (SBAP Partnership)
- Advise landowners on the management needs of this species. (SFG)
- Increase awareness and identification skills of surveyors by publishing articles and holding workshops. (SFG)